Friday, October 24, 2008

Why no posts goffchile?

As my minions of readers may have noticed, I haven't posted in a while. I started off blogging as a way to keep up my writing skills, post some ideas, and perhaps get some discussions going. The first two things were successful, the latter not so much on this site, but I do post regularly on others. However, I did stop abruptly. The reason I stopped was because I lost my job. And although that in theory should give my tons of time to post, it in fact placed me in a funk like no other.


Aside from ardently looking for another job, I have been basically too depressed to read, write, or do any of the things that typically give me much joy. Recently, I have tried to get back to posting on various sites and have become determined to begin posting here. I have lot of good ideas, but it will take some time to get back up and going. Obviously, with the election upon us, I want to get caught up on that. Also, football season is here--so I am going to try to get some posts out on that topic.

As far as the job hunt goes, it has been one of the most horrible and confidence shattering experiences of my life. I have a satirical piece which I will post on that subject as well. I am sure there will be more reflection on unemployment as well.

And if anybody hears about a great job, let me know!

No comments: